Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Personal Statement (Blog 4)

Respect and time management are two qualities that have impacted me. They did not fall out the sky, that’s for sure; I have been influenced by my dad. All my life he has been forcing upon me his ideas. I knew was trying to teach me wrong from right. What changed this was when I saw that these qualities stood out.

At first I knew that I had to respect him so that he could respect me. My way of thinking started to change and I lost respect for my father a little by little. Our arguments were pointless because they most the time I was trying to prove an opinion but never once did he disrespect me. I noticed this one day when I disagreed with something I cant recall what it was but my dad simply said okay. I was stunned but saw what he was really wanted; I had to learn to respect other people’s opinion. In college it would be the same if I disrespected someone they would do the same to me.

In addition I was always running late. Every where I went I was late. I was going to go to the movies with my friends. My dad was taking his sweet time to get the keys and turning on the car. I ended up being late to the movie, and was highly upset about it. My friends were a bit up set because they were waiting for me. I saw that being late was very bad because it messes up every one’s schedule and it’s a bad start. In college if I’m late I’m late and nobody is truly going to wait for me. It will just make my college experience horrible.

Without truly knowing my dads qualities were making an impact on me. I had to stop and think about what was going on. When I tool the time to think about it I realized his qualities. They will make a great impact in college and for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment