Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Personal Statement

When I finished doing my research on colleges, The University of Nebraska at Lincoln ended up being the college of my choice. I choose this university because I saw that it was closer to home than other colleges. Not only was it closer to home it also offered an architecture program, that I heard is great. UNL will allow me to get into my career that will help me reach my goal.

My goal to be an architect requires a degree, without it I will not be able to have a job as an architect. UNL has a great program that will allow me to obtain my degree and follow my career path. I will have to push my self to keep my grades up because if I don’t I will not be able to continue to my third and fourth year.

In addition, having the degree will prove that I continued my path in getting educated. Neither of my parents were able to continue there educations, making me a first generation child. Seeing me strive will make them happy and proud that I took the opportunity that was given to me. I will show my advancement in life to all the people who doubted me. It will also be an eye-opener because it will show that I was able to succeed in college.

Success in college is very important to me that will show others that I was not part of the high drop out statistics associated with Latinos. To me, part of being successful is graduating from college were, finally, my time and effort will be paid off. Proof that I went to college will make others take me seriously. It will also show that I raised myself above those who did not take college seriously and just took it as a joke.

Going to the college of my choice will make me want to continue on reaching my goal. I will be close to home so my parent will have a chance to see me as I progress in obtaining a degree in architecture. My success will prove that I was able to overcome the obstacles that you face in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment